THE AMERICAN ARMY AT THE CHEMIN DES DAMES
Le Miroir, 8th July 1917
(The Americans landings to France)
When the United-States entered the war (6th April 1917), the US army only consisted of 200,000 soldiers.
Before being engaged on the front from April 1918, the American soldiers were trained for several weeks, at the beginning of 1918, in the area of the Chemin des Dames.
They left moving marks of their presence in the quarries of Rouge-Maison in Vailly-sur-Aisne and Froimond in Braye-en-Laonnois.
Download the brochure on Americans in the Great War in the Aisne. (PDF-3Mo)